CT Energy Assistance

About CT Energy Assistance

For CT families in need of energy assistance, Alliance For Community Empowerment can help obtain necessary energy services for those in need. From furnace repair, gas bill forgiveness plans, and water and sewage bill assistance, we have a comprehensive set of services and a team of expert case workers to fulfill your needs. Wherever you are in Connecticut, Alliance For Community Empowerment can provide our set of services to your family with just one application. For more information on different acceptance centers and resources, please visit the links to the right of the page.

We offer CT Energy Assistance services across Fairfield County in the following towns: Bridgeport, Norwalk, Easton, Westport, Fairfield, Trumbull, Monroe, and Stratford.

Important Dates

  • June 17, 2024 – Last day to submit deliverable fuel bills

Alliance will be accepting CT energy assistance applications via phone, walk-in, by appointment, online, and mail-in. Call (203) 384-6904 and follow the prompts, or call (203) 838-8110 in Norwalk. Click below to apply online.

Ordering Fuel


Instructions to order a deliverable fuel (oil, propane, wood) using automated line

1. Call 203-384-6904

2. To request a delivery PRESS 4 when prompted

3. PRESS 1 to use your application number and enter number including zeros as printed on 5 – your approval letter followed by # key OR PRESS 2 to use your Social Security Number and enter nine-digit number followed by # key

4. You will hear details about your last delivery. To schedule a fuel delivery PRESS 1

5. The system will explain that an authorization will be sent to vendor within 24-72 hours. To request a fuel delivery PRESS 1

6. When prompted, enter phone number where you can be reached followed by # key

7. PRESS 1 for burner start up or # key for fuel delivery

8. DO NOT HANG UP until you hear, “Thank you for calling Alliance appointment line”

Delivery orders are processed and authorized to vendors daily (excluding holidays and weekends). Expect delivery 48-72 business hours after vendor is notified of your request.


1 – Appointment
2 – Documents needed for appointment
3 – Status update
4 – Oil
5 – Below Budget worksheet

Click here to learn more about ordering fuel and fuel delivery.


  • If you are a recipient of DSS benefits, you may be categorically eligible for the CT energy assistance program. Please check below.

    CEAP Eligibility for FFY22:

    • Households (homeowners and renters) who make direct-to-vendor payments for heat and have a household income under 60% of the state median income ($75,052 for a household of 4);
    • Households whose heat is included in their rent;
    • US citizens, emancipated minors, and qualified aliens

    Households are categorically income eligible if a household member participates in one or more of the following programs:

    • Temporary Family Assistance (TFA)
    • State Supplemental to the Aged, Blind and Disabled (State Supp)
    • Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA)
    • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
    • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
  • To schedule an in-person or phone appointment, call (203) 384-6904 x3005 and follow the prompts, or call (203) 838-8110 in Norwalk; or click here to apply online. On Wednesdays, we do not accept walk-ins or in-person appointments.

  • Proof of 4 weeks of any type of income within the last 3 months, current gas bill, current UI bill, household IDs and SS#s.

  • Apply for energy assistance, and make sure you enroll in matching payment plan with intake worker to lower monthly payments and reduce your past due balance.

  • Make a payment to your utility company of $100.00 and make sure you are enrolled in the hardship program with the utility company so that you are protected during the winter months: November – May.

  • If an individual is using your address for any other services such as DSS, food stamps, cash assistance, banking, medical insurance, DMV, unemployment or any other institution, it may affect your benefits.

    Back to top
    Translate »